The Water Equation
HiLLSBRiDGE Gloabal Water (HGW) was founded by seasoned experts & engineers from Luxembourg & France, having a globally unmatched know-how of 35 years in ceramic membrane nanotechnology.
In 2012, the founders of HGW realized the need to switch from a LINEAR to a CIRCULAR management of water resources.
The Water Equation is simple:
- The available water must cover our needs.
- Only ‘Water Management’ can balance ‘Needs & Availability’.
As a result, HGW developed a patented, modular & scalable water purification process, using proven & top-range equipment controlled by our own Process Management Software to purify contaminated water into WHO drinking water quality.
The Water Revolution
Our modern world still relies on centralized “mega-facilities” which are the oldest approach to wastewater management. These facilities are difficult to plan & expensive to build, operate & maintain. As a result, 80% of all wastewater globally is discharged without pollution removal.
The Water Solution
Water Restrictions only Mitigate Water Shortages!
From Linear to Circular... For Multiple Purposes & Users.
In the context of water resources management, a circular water economy:
- treats any water source to be fit for use;
- recycles and reuses wastewater;
- reduces city water consumption;
- reduces pollution of water bodies;
- recovers energy & materials;
- mitigates greenhouse gas emissions;
- enhances resilience to climate change.
History & Milestones
- 2011 – Patent (Low Energy Water Recycling & Energy Recovery)
- 2012/14 – Biogas Project with ENAGRA, Germany
- 2014/15 – Pilot Unit with DP WORLD, Dubai
- 2015/18 – R&D: Piloting & Process Development
- 2019/20 – Developed Solution for Commercial Laundries of the Hospitality Sector
- 2020 – Developed Solution for HEALTH CARE sector (COVID-19), Dubai
- 2021 – Proof of Concept delivered for Health Care Sector
- 2021 – Recommended by CHRISTEYNS (in 50 countries)
- 2022 – Implemented 1st of its kind Project for Groundwater Treatment in UAE
- 2023 – Project delivered for NSHAMA – Town Square Development
Profile - Patrick Hoffmann
- 2006 MSc. Waste Disposal Engineering (RWTH University Aachen – GER)
- 2007 National Waste Management Plan for Luxembourg 2005-2010
- 2008 Author: “Strategies of future municipal waste management” (ISBN13: 978-3843381680)
- 2009 Relocated to RAK-UAE
- 2009 MOU for waste management in RAK (Government of RAK & Luxembourg)
- 2011 Nominated “Best Operating MRF in Arab countries” (COO of the MRF – Al Ain)
- 2012 Patented Process for Combined Water Recycling & Energy Recovery
- 2013 Water Extraction of Biogas Plant in Germany (Pilot Plant)
- 2015/20 Piloting & Proof of Concept à Water Recycling of Hospitality & Health Care Sector
- 2019 Nominated “Outstanding Project Environment Manager of the Year”
- 2019 Member of the Committee - International Sustainable Government Housing - UAE
- 2020 Scientific Advisory Board – University of Luxembourg
- 2021 Developed 1st of its kind solution for brackish groundwater reuse